Jonathan Dade, Senior Elder
Rabbi, MBA, MTS
A man with a spiritual calling, heart to lead and mind that understands the bible, Jonathan Dade is known for the balance he brings to people’s lives. Since his teen years, he has been actively involved in caring for the well being of those around him and has worked to integrate faith into our increasingly worldly society. As the Senior Pastor (Rabbi) of Messiah Echad, Jonathan leads a congregation that (a) serves Hebrew Christian, Torah Observant, Messianic Jewish, and Non Religious Believers (b) teaches principles on living a biblical lifestyle for spiritually minded individuals, interfaith families and non religious couples, and (c) celebrates biblical feasts and holy days, keeps the seventh day sabbath and experiences the holy spirit (together). To understand Rabbi Jonathan, we invite you to hear; Hearts United With God, Loving Your Neighbor, Interconnectedness of Scripture, Healthy Congregational Community, and Jonathan’s Personal Journey.
Prior to founding Messiah Echad, Jonathan served as the Percussionist and a Youth Leader for Ohev Yisrael Messianic Jewish Congregation, in Northern Virginia. Ohev was a congregation connected with Tikkun Ministries and Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC), so everything from promoting Jewish culture to inviting the Spirit, was part of the culture. And one of Jonathan’s favorite pastimes at Ohev was family worship and getting young people involved in music. Prior to Ohev Yisrael, Jonathan attended Kehilat Ariel Messianic Jewish Congregation in San Diego California and before that, the Lord had led Jonathan to worship in Conservative Judaism, which he did for two years. And it was in Conservative Judaism that Jonathan first learned the errors of the Christian Church and how we never should have distanced ourselves from Judaism or God’s chosen people. So ever since, Jonathan has been doing the best he can to observe the commandments, recite the ancient prayers and show believers how to live in grace, while not disrespecting the law. Its a delicate balance and amazing story, which Jonathan would love to share with you.
Theologically, Jonathan published articles, pastored groups, researched the scriptures (MT – Modern Hebrew, ESV – TLV English), and received a Masters of Theological Studies (Colorado Christian University), with a passion (thesis) in Messianic Jewish Apologetics. Growing up in a Christian home, Jonathan always believed in God, but his faith and a hunger became his own, while serving in the Navy and attending an inter-denominational service overseas. Jonathan had never seen people raise their hands in worship and when he finally mustered enough strength to try it, God touched those hands with an outpouring of life and an indescribable love. On the secular side, Jonathan received a Bachelors in Biology (with a minor in Chemistry), from Prairie View A&M University, after which he spent some years in the Navy, Frito Lay, and Michelin, before attending Washington State University College of Business, where he studied in the Executive Masters of Business Administration program. Jonathan completed his MBA Capstone (thesis) on what eventually became RLB Echad (a faith based consulting organization). His extensive research included; leveraging pastoral models to improve employee engagement, pushing work life balance to prevent leadership burnout, and encouraging non-profits to seek experts of business administration, to help grow or sustain the success of their organizations.
Jonathan, Melinda, Karissa (2011), Tristen (2012), the Rhodesian Ridgeback (Chaya), and a flock of mostly Buff Orpington Chickens, live in the Georgetown suburbs of Austin, TX. Outside of Jonathan’s work with Messiah Echad and RLB Echad, he enjoys target shooting, ranching, music, and community outreach. Our Rebbetzin (Melinda) enjoys DoTerra Essential Oils, art, reading, and teaching younger women. And together, they enjoy archery, cabin camping, canoeing, cycling, foster-adopt discussions, golf (though Melinda just drives the cart), and visiting local wineries. Should you ever find yourself in Central TX, wanting to talk scripture or drive the golf cart, be sure to contact Jonathan and visit Messiah Echad.
Harry Zeplin, Elder and Administrative Pastor
A native Texan with experience working all over the world, and in numerous different disciplines; Harry Zeplin is truly that wise man, who stands at the gates. From spending time as a Pregnancy Resource Chairman, to working on Off Shore Drilling Rigs (Halliburton), Harry is more than ready to help lead in every situation, while also serving the needs of every person. So as an Administrative Pastor and Elder at Messiah Echad, Harry (a) oversees administrative projects such as agendas for leadership team meetings or articles in our newsletter, (b) helps guests along the process toward becoming members, while encouraging members to consider deeper service opportunities, and (c) supports the Rabbi in handling operational and personnel matters. To learn about P. Harry, we invite you to hear about his personal journey to Messianic Judaism and Messiah Echad.
Outside of Messiah Echad, and as the Owner / President of Zeplin Inspection Services, Harry travels to fabrication shops, to inspect Refinery and Chemical Plant Equipment. Harry had previously completed studies in Mechanical Engineering at San Jacinto College, and further plans to begin Online Theological Studies at Grand Canyon University, but he has already gleaned so much about life and godliness, from serving in the United States Air force. The time was Vietnam, Harry was an Air Traffic Controller and Tactical Aircraft Weapons Technician… but a downed soldier prompted Harry to leave his post, rescue his comrade, and later receive some medals (from having sustained gunshot wounds). And for those who can see the parallels to ministry training, imagine how pleased God is in us, when we leave our comfort zones to win back, those who have been overtaken by the enemy.
On a personal level, Harry has been married to Laura since the mid-seventies and The Zeplins have four children, with nine more grandchildren. The decades of knowledge they have about Life in Texas and the Journey one makes from being Southern Baptist to Exploring the Jewish Roots of our faith, is worth every minute of that drive out to Taylor. And don’t you worry about packing a snack; Laura is one of those hospitable women who will have a glass of tea and a sandwich, waiting for you when you arrive. So if you want to learn more about the things we do at Messiah Echad or maybe you want to talk about ways you can help serve, make sure to reach out to Harry and or chat with Laura, after the service.
A Word About Our Elders…
Gather… men, whom you know to be the elders of the people… bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you… I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them… Then the Lord came down in the cloud… and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied… Oh, that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them! (Numbers 11:16-29). And this is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. (I Timothy 3:1). And finally, our labor is never in vain in the Lord (I Corinthians 15:58), as even Moses could not do it alone.
A Word About Our Women…
To repair the house of the Lord… they came to… Huldah the prophetess… they spoke to her… Then she answered them… “Thus says the Lord God of Israel… because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God… I also have heard you”… (Then) the king went up to the house of the Lord, with all the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem… and made a covenant before the Lord, to follow the Lord, and to keep His commandments… with all his heart and all his soul (II Chronicles 34:8). Oh how our women can effect positive change for the Lord, as there is neither male nor female, for we are all one in Messiah (Galations 3:28) and few can teach the young women to honor Him, as another woman can (Titus 2:3-5).
Messiah Echad, started as the 501(c)3 not for profit ministry founded by Pastor (Rabbi) Jonathan L. Dade in November of 2013, to serve the spiritual needs of Hebrew Christian (Torah Observing), Messianic Jewish and Non Religious Believers around Central Texas. Our primary focus was to be a fellowship who honored key principles from the old testament for theological, practical or cultural reasons, while also walking in the unconditional love and grace of the new testament. And to this day, we remain mindful of the biblical feasts, observant of the holy days (i.e. Seventh Day Sabbath) and respectful of the commandments, while also remembering that our Messiah upheld the law and gave us the ultimate commandment of love… but our ministry has grown much larger than Central Texas! And in April of 2015, we released our first of many albums, Awakened at Messiah Echad, which showcases our praise and worship. So join us for fellowship and consider allowing Messiah Echad to be your apostolic, charismatic covering that is messianic and scripture based.
Mission and Vision
To serve Hebrew Christian (Torah Observing), Messianic Jewish and Non Religious Believers, by showing people how to love God (Deuteronomy 6:5), love their neighbor (Mathew 22:39) and love their Savior (John 14:15)… we exist to serve, show, and love, globally.
Statements of Faith
- We believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, known as Elohim, El Shaddai, Adonai, Elyon, or simply, Yahweh.
- We believe in the Son of God, Born to Joseph and Mary of Nazareth, known as Yeshua (Jesus), or simply, Messiah.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit or Ruach Hakodesh, a Gift from Yahweh, made of nine manifestations that transform lives.
- We believe Messiah died and was raised again, to give us everlasting life and an intimate connection with the Ruach.
- We believe in a second birth through the Blood of Yeshua and a manifestation of that new life, by following His Commandments.
- We believe in One Body (Echad), made of Christian, Jewish and Non Religious Believers, worshipping together in love (UNITY).
- We believe in membership that is based on the wholly inspired Word (66 Books), calling us to tithe, serve, love and be genuine.
(Online) Press Releases
- 04 April 2018, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Book on Rabbi Jonathan’s Transformation Imparts Life Realizations
- 29 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Anna Kraft Photography Blog on Rabbi Jonathan and Father Kurt
- 25 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Editorial Letter; Thank You Rabbi Dade For Answering Prayer
- 18 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Editorial Letter: Prayer Breakfast Gets It Exactly Right
- 09 March 2018, Gulfport, MS – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Jonathan and Wounded Veterans Riding 450+ Miles
- 01 February 2018, Georgetown, TX – Dade Family – Anna Kraft Photography features Rabbi Jonathan and Family
- 27 December 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi and Reverend Propose Celebrating African Americans
- 16 December 2017, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Happy Chanukah; An Evening at Messiah Echad
- 03 November 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Explains “Echad” and Meaning of John 17:21 Oneness
- 25 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Works To Prevent Charlottesville in Georgetown
- 22 October 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi, Reverend, and Panel Try for Compromise
- 19 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Unique Compromise Proposed in Confederate Statue Controversy
- 18 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Debate Continues About Controversial Confederate Statue
- 20 September 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Compromise on Statue; Roundtable Talk Addresses Solutions
- 14 September 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Faith Leaders Propose New Statue In Addition To Existing
- 13 September 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Supporters, Opponents of Georgetown’s Confederate Statue Talk
- 13 September 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Religious Leaders Ask; Reconciliation Through A New Statue?
- 22 August 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – There Is Time To Find Common Ground With Confederate Statues
- 21 August 2017, Winona, MN – Jonathan Dade – In Red, White, and Blue, Project Hero Cyclists Roll Through Minnesota
- 09 August 2017, Reedsburg, WI – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Dade provides Chaplain Support To Veteran Cyclists
- 26 July 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – The Backstory Guide on Rabbi Jonathan
- 05 July 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Producer features LTJG Dade, in One’s Self Commercial
- 25 June 2017, Lakewood, CO – Jonathan Dade – Testimonial For The College of Adult and Graduate Studies
- 31 May 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Briefs; Appointed to Americans With Disabilities Act Advisory Board
- 05 April 2017, Killeen, TX – Jonathan Dade – Veterans and Supporters Visit Killeen During 500-mile Bicycle Ride
- 03 April 2017, San Antonio, TX – Jonathan Dade – San Antonio Event Uplifts Wounded Veterans
- 03 April 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Pedaling Through Texas To Help Those Who Served
- 03 April 2017, Killeen, TX – Jonathan Dade – Wounded Veterans on 500 Mile Bike Ride
- 03 April 2017, San Antonio, TX – Jonathan Dade – 500 Mile Bike Ride Helps Wounded Veterans Recover
- 08 February 2017, Georgetown, TX – Melinda Dade – Rebbetzin Makes Appearance in A Climate Change Story
- 16 January 2017, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Rabbi Jonathan and Chief Nero Pray for Leaders on MLK Day
- 11 January 2017, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Letter To Editor, Thanking Brad Stutzman for Articles
- 04 January 2017, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Messianic Jewish Congregation Celebrates Chanukah
- 30 December 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Mayor of Georgetown, proclaims Messiah Echad Day
- 25 December 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Chanukah Lighting, on the Square at Ninth and Main
- 09 November 2016, Austin, TX – Messiah Echad – Testimonial for Golden Arm Media, Showcasing Messiah Echad
- 12 October 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Celebrating The Start of Rosh Hashanah
- 25 September 2016, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Letter To Editor Addressing Overflow of Hatred
- 11 September 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Hero Visits Congregation (John Wayne Walding)
- 13 July 2016, Georgetown, TX, – Jonathan Dade – The Backstory Guide on Rabbi Jonathan
- 15 May 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Let Us Have Jewish Christian Unity (Editorial)
- 04 Mar 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Combining The Old and New Testaments
- 20 April 2016, Colorado Springs, CO – Jonathan Dade – Veteran Notes on United Healthcare Ride2Recovery
- 18 April 2016, Waco, TX – Jonathan Dade – Veterans Roll Toward Recovery In Weeklong Bike Ride
- 17 April 2016, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Ex Soldiers (and prior Sailors) Cycle Texas
- 11 April 2016, College Station, TX – Jonathan Dade – The Road To Recovery, for Rabbi, LTJG Jonathan Dade
- 11 April 2016, Navasota, TX, Jonathan Dade – Ride 2 Recovery comes through Brazos Valley
- 10 April 2016, Houston, TX. Jonathan Dade – Hundreds of Veterans Ride To Support Clay Hunt
- 03 Apr 2016, Georgetown, TX. Messiah Echad – Georgetown Messianic Congregation Hopes To Build New Sanctuary…
- 20 December 2015, Georgetown, TX. Rabbi Jonathan and Police Chief Wayne Nero Celebrate Hanukkah
- 13 December 2015, Austin, TX. Governor Gregg Abbot and First Lady Cecilia, send Special Greeting
- 11 December 2015, Georgetown, TX. Messiah Echad. – Mayor of Georgetown, proclaims Messiah Echad Day
- 04 December 2015, Georgetown, TX. Jonathan Dade – Pearl Harbour Surprise Attack Inspired a Generation to Serve
- 29 May 2015, Williamsburg, VA. Jonathan Dade – Wounded Warriors Pass Through Williamsburg for Ride 2 Recovery
- 10 May 2015, Georgetown, TX. Messiah Echad – Reverent Salute, National Day of Prayer
- 30 April 2015, Colorado Springs, CO. Jonathan Dade – Talking With Heroes Radio Program
- 29 April 2015, Georgetown, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Roll Through To Raise Awareness
- 21 April 2015, Killeen, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Pedal Through Area
- 20 April 2015, Houston, TX. Jonathan Dade – Injured Veterans Pass Through Central Texas
- 20 April 2015, College Station, TX. Jonathan Dade – Ride 2 Recovery Bicycle Trek Provides Respite for Veteran…
- 19 April 2015, Bryan, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Cycle 490 Miles Across Texas
- 19 April 2015, Culver City, TX. Jonathan Dade – Dorsett, US Veterans Take Part in Ride 2 Recovery
- 18 April 2015, Killeen, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Pedal Through Central Texas
- 21 December 2014, Georgetown, TX. Messiah Echad – Festival of Lights (Chanukah)
- 24 March 2014, College Station, TX. Jonathan Dade – Wounded Veterans Heal Through 450mile Bike Ride
- 07 March 2012, Atlantic City, NJ. Jonathan Dade, on behalf of Frito Lay, receives a proclamation of Frito Lay Day