Jonathan Dade, Senior Elder
Rabbi, MBA, MTS
As the founder and Rabbi (senior pastor) of Messiah Echad, Jonathan Dade leads a congregation that: (a) serves Hebrew Christian, Torah Observant, Messianic Jewish, and Non-Religious Believers, (b) teaches principles on living a biblical lifestyle for spiritually-minded individuals, interfaith families, and non-religious couples, and (c) celebrates biblical feasts and holy days, keeps the seventh day Sabbath, and experiences the Holy Spirit. Theologically, Jonathan published The Church and The Community, pastored groups, researched the Scriptures, and received a Master’s of Theological Studies (MTS) from Colorado Christian University, with a passion (thesis) in Messianic Jewish apologetics, to a Christian audience. To get a feel for Rabbi Jonathan’s teaching style, we invite you to hear; Strengths and Cultural Intelligence, Suicide and Questioning God, Healthy Congregational Community, Interconnectedness of Scripture, Hearts United With God, and Loving Your Neighbor.
On the secular side, Jonathan received a bachelor’s degree in biology from Prairie View A&M University, after which he spent some time in the U.S. Navy. He worked at Frito Lay and then at Michelin before attending Washington State University College of Business where he studied in the Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Jonathan did his capstone (thesis) on what eventually became RLB Echad, a faith-based consulting organization. His extensive research included: leveraging pastoral models to improve employee engagement, pushing work-life balance to prevent burnout, and encouraging nonprofits to seek experts in business.
Jonathan, Melinda, Karissa (born 2011), Tristen (born 2012), the Rhodesian Ridgeback (Chaya), and a flock of mostly Buff Orpington chickens live in Georgetown, a suburb of Austin, Texas.* Outside of Jonathan’s unifying work with Messiah Echad and RLB Echad, he enjoys road cycling, target shooting, and visiting local wineries, usually— safely—in that order. Our Rebbetzin (Melinda) enjoys DoTerra Essential Oils, art, reading, and teaching younger women. And together, they enjoy archery, cabin camping, canoeing, cycling, foster-adopt discussions, and visiting local wineries. Should you ever find yourself in Central TX, be sure to contact Jonathan and visit Messiah Echad.
*How should I pray for The Dades? – Deuteronomy 28:1-14… Favor given for obedience, and Value added to the community.
A Word About Our Elders…
Gather… men, whom you know to be the elders of the people… bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you… I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them… Then the Lord came down in the cloud… and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied… Oh, that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them! (Numbers 11:16-29). And this is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. (I Timothy 3:1). And finally, our labor is never in vain in the Lord (I Corinthians 15:58), as even Moses could not do it alone.
A Word About Our Women…
To repair the house of the Lord… they came to… Huldah the prophetess… they spoke to her… Then she answered them… “Thus says the Lord God of Israel… because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God… I also have heard you”… (Then) the king went up to the house of the Lord, with all the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem… and made a covenant before the Lord, to follow the Lord, and to keep His commandments… with all his heart and all his soul (II Chronicles 34:8). Oh how our women can effect positive change for the Lord, as there is neither male nor female, for we are all one in Messiah (Galations 3:28) and few can teach the young women to honor Him, as another woman can (Titus 2:3-5).
Messiah Echad, started as the 501(c)3 not for profit ministry founded by Pastor (Rabbi) Jonathan L. Dade in November of 2013, to serve the spiritual needs of Hebrew Christian (Torah Observing), Messianic Jewish and Non Religious Believers around Central Texas. Our primary focus was to be a fellowship who honored key principles from the old testament for theological, practical or cultural reasons, while also walking in the unconditional love and grace of the new testament. And to this day, we remain mindful of the biblical feasts, observant of the holy days (i.e. Seventh Day Sabbath) and respectful of the commandments, while also remembering that our Messiah upheld the law and gave us the ultimate commandment of love… but our ministry has grown much larger than Central Texas! And in April of 2015, we released our first of many albums, Awakened at Messiah Echad, which showcases our praise and worship. So join us for fellowship and consider allowing Messiah Echad to be your apostolic, charismatic covering that is messianic and scripture based.
Mission and Vision
To serve Hebrew Christian (Torah Observing), Messianic Jewish and Non Religious Believers, by showing people how to love God (Deuteronomy 6:5), love their neighbor (Mathew 22:39) and love their Savior (John 14:15)… we exist to serve, show, and love, globally.
Statements of Faith
- We believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, known as Elohim, El Shaddai, Adonai, Elyon, or simply, Yahweh.
- We believe in the Son of God, Born to Joseph and Mary of Nazareth, known as Yeshua (Jesus), or simply, Messiah.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit or Ruach Hakodesh, a Gift from Yahweh, made of nine manifestations that transform lives.
- We believe Messiah died and was raised again, to give us everlasting life and an intimate connection with the Ruach.
- We believe in a second birth through the Blood of Yeshua and a manifestation of that new life, by following His Commandments.
- We believe in One Body (Echad), made of Christian, Jewish and Non Religious Believers, worshipping together in love (UNITY).
- We believe in membership that is based on the wholly inspired Word (66 Books), calling us to tithe, serve, love and be genuine.
(Active and Online) Press Releases
- 03 August 2019, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Speaks Out Against Racist and Sexist Facebook Posts
- 19 June 2019, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Community Celebrates Juneteenth With Rabbi Jonathan
- 20 May 2019, Atlanta, GA – Jonathan Dade – Guest interview on iHeart Radio’s Spiritually Speaking With Tamala
- 21 November 2018, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Fifth Annual Public Chanukah Lighting… All Are Welcome
- 16 October 2018, Beaverton, OR – Jonathan Dade – 5 Star Review Of A Life Devoted To God, Lived By A Fallible Person
- 06 July 2018, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Explains Why Congregations Should Work Together in The Community
- 24 June 2018, Colorado Springs, CO – Jonathan Dade – Video Interview on Veterans, Racism, and Jewish – Christian Unity
- 07 June 2018, Fort Lee, VA – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi and Veteran’s Journey From Very Dark Place, To Feeling Better
- 06 June 2018, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Talks About Confederate Statue and Clarifying Plaque Proposal
- 01 June 2018, Williamsburg, VA – Jonathan Dade – Chaplain, and Injured Veterans Find Unity in Virginia Bike Tour
- 20 April 2018, Calabasas, CA – Jonathan Dade – 25 Life Realizations from Project Hero Participant and Chaplain
- 19 April 2018, Killeen, TX – Jonathan Dade – Veterans and Chaplain Jonathan’s Bike Ride Arrives in Killeen
- 16 April 2018, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – A Texas Challenge Hug; Austin Statesman Article. Print Copy. Extra Photos.
- 15 April 2018, San Antonio, TX – Jonathan Dade – Wounded Veterans Set on 400 mile Bike Ride with Chaplain Jonathan
- 06 April 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Raquel D Photo Celebrates Rabbi Jonathan and The Book Release
- 04 April 2018, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Rabbi’s New Book Tells Story Of Transformation and Success (6B)
- 29 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Anna Kraft Photography Blog on Rabbi Jonathan and Father Kurt
- 25 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Editorial Letter; Thank You Rabbi Dade For Answering Prayer
- 18 March 2018, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Editorial Letter: Prayer Breakfast Gets It Exactly Right
- 09 March 2018, Gulfport, MS – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Jonathan and Wounded Veterans Riding 450+ Miles
- 01 February 2018, Georgetown, TX – Dade Family – Anna Kraft Photography features Rabbi Jonathan and Family
- 03 November 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Explains “Echad” and Meaning of John 17:21 Oneness
- 25 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Works To Prevent Charlottesville in Georgetown
- 22 October 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi, Reverend, and Panel Try for Compromise
- 19 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Unique Compromise Proposed in Confederate Statue Controversy
- 18 October 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Debate Continues About Controversial Confederate Statue
- 20 September 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Compromise on Statue; Roundtable Talk Addresses Solutions
- 14 September 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Faith Leaders Propose New Statue In Addition To Existing
- 13 September 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Supporters, Opponents of Georgetown’s Confederate Statue Talk
- 13 September 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Religious Leaders Ask; Reconciliation Through A New Statue?
- 22 August 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – There Is Time To Find Common Ground With Confederate Statues
- 21 August 2017, Winona, MN – Jonathan Dade – In Red, White, and Blue, Project Hero Cyclists Roll Through Minnesota
- 09 August 2017, Reedsburg, WI – Jonathan Dade – Rabbi Dade provides Chaplain Support To Veteran Cyclists
- 26 July 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – The Backstory Guide on Rabbi Jonathan
- 05 July 2017, Georgetown, TX – Jonathan Dade – Producer features LTJG Dade, in One’s Self Commercial
- 25 June 2017, Lakewood, CO – Jonathan Dade – Testimonial For The College of Adult and Graduate Studies
- 05 April 2017, Killeen, TX – Jonathan Dade – Veterans and Supporters Visit Killeen During 500-mile Bicycle Ride
- 03 April 2017, San Antonio, TX – Jonathan Dade – San Antonio Event Uplifts Wounded Veterans
- 03 April 2017, Austin, TX – Jonathan Dade – Pedaling Through Texas To Help Those Who Served
- 03 April 2017, Killeen, TX – Jonathan Dade – Wounded Veterans on 500 Mile Bike Ride
- 03 April 2017, San Antonio, TX – Jonathan Dade – 500 Mile Bike Ride Helps Wounded Veterans Recover
- 08 February 2017, Georgetown, TX – Melinda Dade – Rebbetzin Makes Appearance in A Climate Change Story
- 30 December 2016, Georgetown, TX – Messiah Echad – Mayor of Georgetown, proclaims Messiah Echad Day
- 09 November 2016, Austin, TX – Messiah Echad – Testimonial for Golden Arm Media, Showcasing Messiah Echad
- 18 April 2016, Waco, TX – Jonathan Dade – Veterans Roll Toward Recovery In Weeklong Bike Ride
- 11 April 2016, College Station, TX – Jonathan Dade – The Road To Recovery, for Rabbi, LTJG Jonathan Dade
- 11 April 2016, Navasota, TX, Jonathan Dade – Ride 2 Recovery comes through Brazos Valley
- 10 April 2016, Houston, TX. Jonathan Dade – Hundreds of Veterans Ride To Support Clay Hunt
- 13 December 2015, Austin, TX. Governor Gregg Abbot and First Lady Cecilia, send Special Greeting
- 11 December 2015, Georgetown, TX. Messiah Echad. – Mayor of Georgetown, proclaims Messiah Echad Day
- 29 May 2015, Williamsburg, VA. Jonathan Dade – Wounded Warriors Pass Through Williamsburg for Ride 2 Recovery
- 30 April 2015, Colorado Springs, CO. Jonathan Dade – Talking With Heroes Radio Program
- 21 April 2015, Killeen, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Pedal Through Area
- 20 April 2015, Houston, TX. Jonathan Dade – Injured Veterans Pass Through Central Texas
- 20 April 2015, College Station, TX. Jonathan Dade – Ride 2 Recovery Bicycle Trek Provides Respite for Veteran…
- 19 April 2015, Bryan, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Cycle 490 Miles Across Texas
- 19 April 2015, Culver City, TX. Jonathan Dade – Dorsett, US Veterans Take Part in Ride 2 Recovery
- 18 April 2015, Killeen, TX. Jonathan Dade – Veterans Pedal Through Central Texas
- 24 March 2014, College Station, TX. Jonathan Dade – Wounded Veterans Heal Through 450mile Bike Ride
- 07 March 2012, Atlantic City, NJ. Jonathan Dade, on behalf of Frito Lay, receives a proclamation of Frito Lay Day